The State Of Mental Health In America
As we continue the need to isolate ourselves and retreat from social interaction, we are losing the much needed connection and support from loved ones around us. This lost interaction has caused a surge in mental illness. How can we adjust to this “new norm” and what actions can we take to receive mental health treatment?
Last month, Mental Health of America, the leading community-based non-profit addressing the needs of individuals living with mental illness, released their annual report, “2021 The State of Mental Health in America.” Their in depth report reviews data from all 50 states and focuses on the following questions:
- How many adults and youth have mental health issues?
- How many adults and youth have substance use issues?
- How many adults and youth have access to insurance?
- How many adults and youth have access to adequate insurance?
- How many adults and youth have access to mental health care?
- Which states have higher barriers to accessing mental health care?
The image shared reveals some of their major findings.
We have to continue to talk about mental health so that our policies, greater access to treatment, and technology advancements can better take care of those individuals with mental health concerns.
Read the full report here.